Peace begins with us, in our own homes, in our neighbourhoods and our communities. We can stop bullying, abuse and sexual violence. Join me in this workshop and learn how to create positive change through gentle, non-intrusive, storytelling techniques.
Folktales are a powerful, finely honed tool. We can use storytelling:
- To en-courage ourselves
- To support people close to us
- To educating our communities
With storytelling we can shift attitudes and grow awareness and insight into issues of bullying, abuse and sexual violence.
INSTRUMENTS: TRADITIONAL STORYTELLING, CREATIVE EXPERIENCES, INDIVIDUAL EXERCISES, WRITING AND CONVERSATION
What will we do? Use traditional folktales and storytelling to better understand:
- The mechanics of abuse;
- Disempowerment through surveillance and fear;
- The power of the ‘key’ and the ‘egg’;
Why are we doing this? Because we want change; we want to know how to:
- Inspire perspectives and empower behaviours that enable self-respect and respect for others
- Learn to work with folktales to create healthier, safer ‘aware’ communities
- Separate the ‘key’ from the ‘egg’ and transform ourselves
What else will you learn?
- Develop your storytelling skills
- Better understand the symbolism of folktales
Walk with the heroine from despair to courage and compassion. Learn how to tackle personal and/or communal issues of abuse and violence creatively!
Next workshop: TBA
To book your place, please note the event name and date and go to the bookings page.