Cinderella is forced to get up before daybreak, to carry water, light fires, cook and wash for her cruel (step)mother and (step)sisters. Snow White must hide away from her murderous (step)mother and find shelter with dwarves and keep house for them in exchange for her safety. Vassilissa must keep house and cook Baba Yaga’s food according to strict instructions – if she displeases she risks being eaten herself.
INSTRUMENTS: TRADITIONAL STORYTELLING, SIMPLE RITUALS, INDIVIDUAL WORK WITH FOLKTALES, BREAKOUT- WHOLE GROUP WORK, CONVERSATIONS
What will we do? We will use folktales and storytelling to:
- Look closely at the trials and tribulations imposed on heroines by wicked witches and evil (step)mothers.
- Learn how “malevolent” female characters hold the power of death and life, dark and light, evil and good.
- Investigate ‘nasty (step)sisters’ and discover something vital that is often overlooked.
- Understand the Seven Disciplines of the Medicine Woman/Man and the role they play in our ‘becoming human.’
Why? Because nothing is as it seems:
- Trials and hardship become wisdom;
- Retarding hindrances become capabilities and strength;
- Adversaries are helpers in disguise;
- Beset heroines become wise women, healers and leaders.
What else will you gain?
- The ability to put this all together and tell a better story
- A honing of storytelling skills overall and confidence as a story-teller
- Insight and power to re-evaluate your personal experiences and better integrate them into your life – your story
Workshop – Wisdom of the Wicked Witch part two PDF
Next workshop: TBA
To book your place, please note the event name and date and go to the bookings page.